Friday 4 May 2012

Day Fifty-Eight

Sad Rain Cloud Necklace by Killer Cupcake
Woh is me...I woke up this morning feeling hugely sorry for myself. I had managed to avoid catching a cold for what feels like at least a year, but with all these weeks of rain & chilliness, it looks like I've been got by the lurgy!
I will try and plough on through it though. I actually have a homemade chicken soup on the go as we speak. 



Chicken Soup Recipe
I love to make mine with a left over chicken carcass from a tasty roast dinner.
In a pot of boiling water add the said carcass. Make sure the water covers the chicken. Add a few optional larges chunks of veg such as carrot, leek, onion. This will give you a more tasty stock then with just the chicken alone, but it's not essential. Simmer on a low heat with the lid on for 30 mins. Remove the carcass & veg chunks. Season with salt and pepper to taste. I like to throw some tinned sweetcorn (the whole contents with it's sweetcorn juiceness) and an egg (use a fork to whisk it slightly into the soup). An egg I hear you cry!! Well yes! It's really not as weird as it sounds... It actually thickens the soup a little and adds a bit of creaminess to the flavour which is just how I always like it - like how my mum used to make it!


Anyway, I'm off to enjoy some soup infront of the tv for a little 'me' time. Let me know how you get on with yours...!

No comments:

Post a Comment